My name is Xin Chen(陈昕). I’m currently a Master student at VisLab, the School of Computer Science and Technology at Shandong University, supervised by Prof. Yunhai Wang. Before that, I received my bachelor’s degree in the School of Software, Shandong University.
My research interests are scatterplots and sampling techniques in the Information Visualization area.
As a master student, I devote myself to researches in visualization area. Till now, I have published 2 papers in the IEEE TVCG journal(see the publications section).
Here are some awards I received during the postgraduate study.
- Shandong Province - 2019 Excellent Achievement Award for Graduate Students
- Shandong University - 2019 First-class Scholarship for Outstanding Students
- School of Computer Science and Technology, Shandong University - 2019 Dean’s Scholarship
As an undergraduate, I received a 4.5 GPA in 4 years. Especially, I got many A+ in computer-related courses, such as Advanced Programming Language, Data Structure and Algorithm, Operating System, Computer Network, Software Engineering, Data Warehouse and Data Mining, Web Techniques, and Visualization.
In addition, I have won several awards from both national competitions and my university.
- “WRC2016” International Underwater Robot Competition, Global Vision - Champion
- “WRC2016” International Underwater Robot Competition, Game of Holding Ball - Second Prize
- The First CCF Collegiate Computer Systems & Programming Contest - Bronze Price
- ChinaVis2017 Visual Analytics Challenge - Third Prize
- Shandong University - 2016 Second-class Scholarship for Outstanding Students
- Shandong University - 2016 Advanced Individual for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Shandong University - 2017 Second-class Scholarship for Outstanding Students
- Shandong University - 2017 National Inspirational Scholarship
Because of my great behaviors, I obtained a postgraduate recommendation from my university.